I was on a roll today.
Then I made a shirt from a baby’s pull on diaper cover. I had just enough for one set of panels, then did another set in white cotton, so the shirt if completely lined. I used the elastic gathered ruffles on the leg openings as her sleeves.
The white dress is premade, but as you can see, it was completely open on the back. It has a Hawaiian print (white one white) and to pull the two pieces together, I added a red and white trim to the dress and to the bottom of the shirt.
Then, my plan was to make a nightgown with the kitty kat embroidered pillowcase.
Because the edging was so wide, I Thought the kitty design would be lost. I knew I had to use the whole bottom of the pillow case, since there is a crochet edging around it. I thought it would be gathered to full, so that it would be nightgown. For fun, I embroidered her name on the front and not it doesn’t look like a nightgown, so it is a dress. I swear she smiled an extra big smile when she saw her name!